Recently switched hadoop namenode to namenode HA. Most steps went successfully but hive was unhappy and tried to locate files via old url. So I found tutorial http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.5/bk_system-admin-guide/content/sysadminguides_ha_chap3.html and used thous commands but only some tables changed after using thous commands.
Then I did it manually and it helped. In case your hive metadata is in mysql then you can connect to your hive db and use command:
UPDATE SDS SET LOCATION=REPLACE(LOCATION, ‘ hdfs://mycluster’, ‘hdfs://namenode:8020’);
After it I can switch active namenodes around and hive still can locate files via metastore.
Maybe this is helpful for someone 🙂